General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Problem in connections as a spheroid inside a cube is not deforming

• Puhan
      Subscriber
    • Erik Kostson
      Ansys Employee
      HinnNow you have duplicate bodies/materials and thus FE meshes inside each other which is not correct.nnIn order not to have to meshes inside each other which is wrong, we would need to do a Boolean operation between the bodies.nSee how that is done, that is subtracting the bodies (use the combine tool in SC):nnSo we get this :nnSo we get two different meshes and that are not overlaid/overlapping like before - finally by sharing topology (see video for this:
      " target="blank">
      ), we get a full connected mesh at the interface/boundary between cube and sphere (see below - yellow marking showing the mesh compatibility at the boundary between cube and sphere):nnnnn
  • Puhan
    Subscriber
    Thank you very much, Sir can you please explain this? Why I am having a normal strain concentration as shown in the figure below, the solutions not converging. Theoretically, normal strains should be constant here which I am not getting.nThe model is as shown below, it is a little different than the previous one as the spheroid is 1/100 of the side of the cube, all other such as fixed boundary conditions in 3 faces and pressure of 100MPa are imposing other 3 faces.nn
  • Erik Kostson
    Ansys Employee
    I would close this discussion and continue on the other on you have opened.nWhy I am having stress concentrations and how how to solve this? ? Ansys Learning Forumn
  • Puhan
    Subscriber
    Okay okay, thank you.n
  • Viewing 4 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.