3D Design

3D Design

Problem in generation of geometry

• Federico
      Subscriber

Hello everyone, I'm new to ANSYS. I'm trying to do a modal analysis of a mechanical part, i'm trying to do a modal nalysis of a mechanical part, i'm importing the geometry from another CAD software and it does not give me problems, but when i enter the workplace i get this errors:"unable to attach to geometry" and it does not make me work on geometry, why?. i'm using Ansys academic.

Pleas help. Regards

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

The attach is looking for surfaces or solids. If you only had curves, that is one reason you can get that error.

Please insert an image of the part in the CAD software.

What is the name of the CAD software?

What version of ANSYS are you using?

Which Geometry editor are you using: SpaceClaim or DesignModeler?

Did you export the geometry from the CAD system? If so, what file format did you use?

• Federico
      Subscriber

Thank you for the reply.

I'm using design modeler of 19.2 version, i exported the file using the stp. format from Catia V5.

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Federico,

Click on the Body, and with the Face Filter selected from the top row toolbar, Ctrl-A to select all faces. There should be in the Details window a count of the number of faces.

The free Student license has a limit of 300 faces in the Geometry editor. This may be the reason the geometry attach fails.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.