January 14, 2019 at 4:27 pmFedericoSubscriber
Hello everyone, I'm new to ANSYS. I'm trying to do a modal analysis of a mechanical part, i'm trying to do a modal nalysis of a mechanical part, i'm importing the geometry from another CAD software and it does not give me problems, but when i enter the workplace i get this errors:"unable to attach to geometry" and it does not make me work on geometry, why?. i'm using Ansys academic.
Pleas help. Regards
January 14, 2019 at 4:48 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
The attach is looking for surfaces or solids. If you only had curves, that is one reason you can get that error.
Please insert an image of the part in the CAD software.
What is the name of the CAD software?
What version of ANSYS are you using?
Which Geometry editor are you using: SpaceClaim or DesignModeler?
Did you export the geometry from the CAD system? If so, what file format did you use?
January 14, 2019 at 4:57 pm
January 14, 2019 at 7:50 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
Click on the Body, and with the Face Filter selected from the top row toolbar, Ctrl-A to select all faces. There should be in the Details window a count of the number of faces.
The free Student license has a limit of 300 faces in the Geometry editor. This may be the reason the geometry attach fails.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- How to work with STL file?
- drawing a geometry by importing a table of points
- material properties
- Parameters not imported into Workbench 18.2 from Solidworks/Inventor
- Cant import spaceclaim model into fluent mesher
- Ansys Mechanical Unable to get model
- section plane
- how to fill solid between two surfaces?
- Missing faces on solid bodies
- Geometry editor was closed abnormally