December 5, 2018 at 10:31 amTamoghnaSubscriber
I am using static structural to simulate a simple beam problem with one end fixed. While using the user defined results to get the nodal angle values I find that the tabular values give me the results in radians even though the selected unit is degrees. The values on the geometry window are correct but those on the table and the graph are not.
You can see the tabular data doesn't change with the units, and they are in agreement with the geometry window values with radians selected. I feel it's kind of weird.
December 8, 2018 at 4:08 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
It must be a bug in the software. I expect one of the ANSYS employees will reproduce it and report it to software development for correction in the next release.
December 10, 2018 at 4:21 pmRohith PatchigollaAnsys Employee
This indeed is a bug. The table and graph seem to give the path results always in radians (irrespective of unit system).
I have reported this to the development for correction in the future release.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- Errors – Reinforced Concrete Beam
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- Cannot apply load on node
- Large deflection
- Colors and Mesh Display