September 15, 2018 at 8:49 amyukaSubscriber
My pc has following configuation.
Is it possible to set the installation destination to C drive and save the working file on the external hard drive?
September 15, 2018 at 6:18 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
You can install the program on the C: drive and have the working files on the H: drive.
September 17, 2018 at 9:38 amRobAnsys Employee
It's possible but I'd try and save files to the local drives when working and then copy across later. It's not much of an issue with the pre-processing files but when you start adding parallel solvers into the mix there's a risk of data packet corruption.
21GB is an odd size for a hard drive, is there a second partition?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Limitations to Student License?
- Missing Analysis Systems from toolbox
- Not seeing any items in the ANSYS Workbench toolbox?
- “An error occurred while starting the solver module.” – Maybe licence problem?
- ANSYS License Manager Error
- FLUENT application Failed to start
- Please recommend the configuration of the computer workstation
- No license available at this time
- I am using MacBook Pro with M1chip, how can I install or any other ways to use Ansys ?
- Problem with ANSYS 18.2 SpaceClaim
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.