November 30, 2020 at 3:57 pmybiranSubscriber
I have a customer who has a big problem with slowness in drawing a large assembly, there are more than 2000 elements.
There are a lot of fasteners but the customer has to keep them because he needs them for the BOM.
If you wish, I can send you the assembly so that you can see.
Do you have any tricks to limit the slowdown in the drawing sheet?
December 1, 2020 at 5:39 amSubashni RavichandranForum Moderator
Please try the below solutions and let me know if it works for you:
- Update your graphics drivers directly from the manufacturer website.
- Clear your user settings from File > SpaceClaim Options > Advanced > Reset All User Settings.
- Make sure your computer is using the main graphics card for SpaceClaim. You can press F9 within SpaceClaim to check what graphics card is being used.
Sometimes, especially with laptops, Windows might assign a low-performance graphics setting to SpaceClaim.
This problem can be corrected from the graphics card "control panel" (right-click on your main desktop background), or by installing drivers to make the PC recognize your graphics hardware.
Then, go to the NVIDIA Control Panel (by right-clicking on your desktop > NVIDIA Control Panel), go to the Manage 3D Settings tab.
There, under Program Settings, make sure you Add SpaceClaim (Discovery SpaceClaim 2020 R2) as a program that is using the best specs of the NVIDIA driver.
I have found that performance suffers if you do not go into the driver control panel and make sure SpaceClaim is using the driver to its fullest capacity.
If you continue to run into problems, please send me a recent SpaceClaim log file (from the error session) and a dxdiag report.
The SpaceClaim log files can be found in C:Users
(Sometimes the AppData folder is hidden. To find it, type %appdata% into the file path and press enter)
December 1, 2020 at 10:12 amybiranSubscriberHi Subashni, I tried to realize all your manipulations. Spaceclaim uses well my graphic card Nviadia quadro P 4000. I have updated the drivers of the card, I have also changed my user settings to reset them to zero. But it hasn't changed, it's still very slow in the drawing. Here is the dxdiag and the log file attached. Best rergards Yohann🛈 This post originally contained file attachments which have been removed in compliance with the updated Ansys Learning Forum Terms & Conditions
December 2, 2020 at 11:17 amSubashni RavichandranForum Moderator
Thank you for sharing the files. Let me check with my team on this and et back to you.
December 7, 2020 at 4:44 pmybiranSubscriber
Have you been able to see with your team for the above subject?
Can you send me a link so I can transfer the file to you?
December 17, 2020 at 3:33 pmybiranSubscriber
Did you have any news for this case ?
February 4, 2021 at 8:30 amSubashni RavichandranForum Moderator
I see that using the Combine tool to cut is causing some surface inconsistencies.
Let me check with my team to find out what could be causing this.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- How to work with STL file?
- Rotate tool in ANSYS Design Modeler
- section plane
- Using Symmetry in DesignModeler and Expanding the Results
- ANSYS FLUENT – Operation would result in non manifold bodies
- drawing a geometry by importing a table of points
- material properties
- Coordinates orientation
- “contact pair has no element in it.” how to resolve this problem
- Parameters not imported into Workbench 18.2 from Solidworks/Inventor
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.