Electronics

Electronics

Problem simulation metamaterial

• rakibulraju08
      Subscriber

Hi all. I am trying to run a simulation for a metamaterial design. When I run simulation with only one cell with floquet port it runs good. But when I design a array of 12*12 it starts recovering edges and this process never ends. I am providing the attachment for the single cell, array and the message while constructing edges.

• AndyJP
      Subscriber

what's "recovering edges"?

It is not a good idea simulating 1 cell with nonperiodic conditions, which you use in eigenmode solver to get the dispersion. Floquet port is not needed in eigenmode solution, since you define phase difference between planes explicitly.

you simulate multicell for seeing realistic response, therefore it is a bad idea simulating multicell with periodic conditions. The brillouin zone will shrink, and errors will arise.

you use Floquet port in case where you need a plane wave, but geometry of the reduced problem does not allow excitation of such with other kinds of ports.

• rakibulraju08
      Subscriber

I am actually experiencing the recovering edges issue for the first time in HFSS. I at first simulated 1 cell with periodic boundary condition for infinite array. Then I design an array with that cell to make the array fit for my phased array antenna unit cell as I am using this metamaterial with my phased array. I am getting this edge recovering error while i am simulationg the array of the metamaterial with periodic boundary condition.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.