March 22, 2021 at 1:50 pmWazawakiSubscriber
I've modeled an 8th of a red blood cell and want to apply a force (42.5 piconewtons) in order to stretch the cell in the x-axis direction. However, I keep getting the following errors:March 22, 2021 at 2:15 pmErik KostsonAnsys EmployeeHinnThe message says that the displacements are too large.nnSo the BC (fixed support only on one point) the load magnitude and the way it is applied could cause this - also the material properties (+wall thickness) and so on could cause this. Perhaps as well some problem with the mesh connectivity,... (and other things).nnIn anyway this is a very non standard simulation so it is not possible to provide much feedback - typical engineering analysis (mech/civil/..) typically deals with metals, where we kind of know how they behave for most of the time - with a blood cell, the material models and analysis setup is not very standard so it might take time and effort to set that up - I would suggest here perhaps to do a literature review or discuss this in your University to see how this analysis can be carried out.nnFinally searching this forum for similar issues (many students have reported similar error with internal magnitude limit, so one can see how that was resolved - perhaps that will help).All the best of luck -nEriknMarch 30, 2021 at 12:04 pmViewing 2 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.