General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Problem When applying forces onto model

• Wazawaki
      Subscriber

Hello,

I've modeled an 8th of a red blood cell and want to apply a force (42.5 piconewtons) in order to stretch the cell in the x-axis direction. However, I keep getting the following errors:

• Erik Kostson
      Ansys Employee
      HinnThe message says that the displacements are too large.nnSo the BC (fixed support only on one point) the load magnitude and the way it is applied could cause this - also the material properties (+wall thickness) and so on could cause this. Perhaps as well some problem with the mesh connectivity,... (and other things).nnIn anyway this is a very non standard simulation so it is not possible to provide much feedback - typical engineering analysis (mech/civil/..) typically deals with metals, where we kind of know how they behave for most of the time - with a blood cell, the material models and analysis setup is not very standard so it might take time and effort to set that up - I would suggest here perhaps to do a literature review or discuss this in your University to see how this analysis can be carried out.nnFinally searching this forum for similar issues (many students have reported similar error with internal magnitude limit, so one can see how that was resolved - perhaps that will help).All the best of luck -nErikn
    • Wazawaki
      Subscriber
      Thank you for the help! I'm new to ansys and was wondering if you could advise me on the support I should use?nThis is my model so far and trying to get results similar to this: nThank you again for the help! n
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.