August 21, 2023 at 1:38 pmMuhammad Imaduddin HanifSubscriber
Hi, I'm actually new in HAWT Ansys fluent simulation. In this case, I simulate the 1/3 of three turbine blade through Ansys Fluent with Meshing. The radii of my balde is 1 meter. In the meshing step, I applied the periodic boundary condition. In the set up stage, I set my cell zone to frame motion with rotation axis direction about y axis. In the inlet, I put 12 m/s y-velocity and set the shroud on moving wall with absolute setting. After I choose hybrid initialization and running calculation done. I surprised that the result didn't match with the theory which should be around 12 - 14 Nm. Please, anyone can help me?
August 25, 2023 at 4:03 amMuhammad Imaduddin HanifSubscriber
Is there anyone can help me?
August 25, 2023 at 10:13 amRobAnsys Employee
If the blade is rotating at the speed the wind would push it at what should the resulting force be?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- error: Received signal SIGSEGV
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.