Fluids

Fluids

Problem with adding a source term and solution termination

• hbilal1076
      Subscriber

Dear Concern,

In Ansys Fluent, when I compile and load the UDF file, and also in the Cell zone conditions>Fluid I added/enabled the source term and uploaded the UDF file and even initialize but when I click on calculate, after 5 second it become terminated and get closed and back to the main page (main page I means where all tab of geometry, mesh, setup, solution are listed).

I even tried the other UDF sample model from fluent manual and it also get terminated.

Kindly explain the possible mistake that I am doing.

Thank you very much for your time and assistance.

Sincerely,

Bilal

• Rob
      Ansys Employee
      The solver is diverging or crashing? UDFs can often cause the former, but rarely the latter.
    • hbilal1076
      Subscriber
      Dear Prof. Rob Thank you very much for your reply.
      Is there any hint or suggestions that I need to take into account in order to solve this issue.
      Sincerely Bilal
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Please post some screen shots of the error as "terminated" isn't clear what's going on. Ie is the solver failing (diverging) but still visible on the screen or crashing (disappears and is no longer visible).
    • hbilal1076
      Subscriber
      Dear Prof. Rob As soon as I click on calculate, it start processing but just for 2 second and then get disappeared and closed.
      For your convenience I attached the video, if possible please have a look into it.
      Thank you.

• hbilal1076
      Subscriber
      Dear Prof. Rob I am waiting for your kind suggestions and recommendations.
      Thank you.
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      I'm not permitted to open or download attachments. If the solver is disappearing off the screen please check the transcript to see if there's a log there. Also check RAM usage; how many cells are there in the model and how much RAM have you got? Have you got any monitors or UDFs active?
      As an aside, why would I be working over the weekend?
    • hbilal1076
      Subscriber
      In Ansys fluent, as I am burning acetylene in oxygen rich region that give a product of H2O and CO2.
      Therefore, I think my species order is C2H2,O2,H2O,CO2 shown in screenshot but the UDF I am using contain the species order of CO,CO2,H2O, already pasted/shared above, so is this the mistake I am doing?
      If this is the mistake then I have to add variable for C2H2 and O2 also?

Actually I am trying to find the temperature and mole fraction of CO2 and H2O for each Grid, therefore my question is
      (1) should I just need to remove the species CO from the above shared UDF code and no need to add C2H2 and O2?
      (2) or remove the specie CO and add C2H2 and O2 to the above code?
      Your comment/assistance will be highly appreciated
      TIA
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      That is a mistake if you want to access something not available or not being stored. Temperature access is not the issue but rather mole fraction which requires transformation of mass to mole fractions.
    • hbilal1076
      Subscriber
      In Ansys fluent, while seeing to the statistics the total number of Nodes is 19623 and element is 18679. I am using Core i7 having 8GB RAM and and 2.5 GHZ processor.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.