Preprocessing

Preprocessing

Problem with Advanced Geometry Option -> Analysis Type -> 2D, 3D

• DanielRojas
      Subscriber

Hello,

I am using the free student version of Ansys 2021 R1 and I have a problem when choosing between 2D or 3D in the Analysis Type under the Advanced Geometry Option of the Geometry.

When I create a new analysis and try to select a 2D Analysis Type the drop down list containing the 2D and 3D option does not work. It is presented as pressed but does not work. See the red arrow in the attached image.

Can anyone help me with this problem? I can't find any solution on the internet.

Thank you.

Daniel

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee
      If you want to use 2D then make sure that you create geometry in XY plane. nIf you have created it and not able to select 2D in properties, then please check if this happens to all projects or only this one. nPlease try to uninstall and reinstall program. The installation may not be correct. If it is installation issue, please create a discussion under installation category. nRegards,nKeyurnHow to access Ansys Online Help DocumentnHow to show full resolution imagenGuidelines on the Student CommunitynHow to use Google to search within Ansys Student Communityn
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.