Ansys Free Student Software

Ansys Free Student Software

Problem with Ansys Discoveri Live R2 student license

• Badio
      Subscriber

Hi, I downloaded and installed Discovery live student 2020 R2 one th ago. This week i try to ope the program and it show me this Notice (see first attached image) and, after, when i click "Ok", it show me another notice (see second attached image). I try to renew license following the steps that i read in the other discussion but it's the same result. Now, How i fix this problem? It's urgent because i will use this program as soon as possible to write thesis.

Thanks to those who will answer me

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee
      Please post screenshots inline with text as ANSYS employees are not allowed to download attachmentsn
    • Badio
      Subscriber
      Thanks Tsiriaks, i post here the screenshots. nThis is the first notice.nThis is the second notice.n
    • tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee
      It doesn't detect any license in the installation path.ncheck if you have student.lic file under (default location)nC:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\ANSYS Student\Shared Files\LicensingnIf so, open that up and check the expiration date. See if it has expired.nYou can update the license with this trickn

Student products has the inbuilt license key which keeps product running for one year from the date of its release. If you wish to use the student product beyond its expiry date, then please follow this process of renewing the license.You must replace the current license file (student.lic) with the latest license file.How to get latest license file:1) Download any one of the latest student product from here: https://www.ansys.com/academic/free-student-products2) Extract the zip file and look for subfolder “student” 3) Go to this subfolder and extract file “WINX64.7z”4) You will get the extracted folder WINX64. Go inside> shared files > Licensing. You will find the new license file “student.lic”. Copy this file. Replace the old license file with the new copied license file available on your system. Default location of your old file is “C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\ANSYS Student\Shared Files\Licensing”Above process is valid for any type of student product that you wish to renew.https://forum.ansys.com/discussion/19805/how-to-renew-ansys-student-product-license

Also, post the output of the following commandnsetnfrom CMD Promptn
    • Badio
      Subscriber
      Sorry tsiriaks, i don't understand the last step. Can you explain better please?n
    • tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee
      Open CMD Prompt and enter the command 'set' (without quotes) , then post output heren
    • Badio
      Subscriber
      This is the output... and now?n
    • Badio
      Subscriber
      tsiriaks Can you answer me please? Because I'm in a hurry!!!n
    • tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee
      If you search other threads with licensing issue, you will see several threads that have the same cause as you.nFor example, see this threadnIf you search other threads with licensing issue, you will see several threads that have the same cause as you.nFor example, see this threadnn
    • Alfox
      Subscriber
      I have the same exact problem, I just opened up the license and is not expired, Do I have to download again the full program ? or there it an other way? i still have the zip that i downloaded 22/10/20 is brand new i don't understand what's happening nn
    • Alfox
      Subscriber
      This is the error and they appear one after the other. The weird thing is that the first time I launch it it worked, but at the other day after installing it, I turn on my pc and it doesn't work anymore. Other information that maybe is important is that I didn't install it on the default location in C/ , i did it on my second hard drive, maybe is that?ni also did that of writing the set command on the cmd but i don't understand how that is of any helpnPlease contact me if there is any solutionn
    • Alfox
      Subscriber
      Thaks it work to delet the Windows environment variables named nANSYSLI_ELASTICnANSYSLI_LCPnthe photo is after i deleted them n
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.