Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Problem with Ansys workbench 2020 R1

• Vignesh V
      Subscriber

i have problem in starting the Ansys workbench 2020 R1 student version.Every time I open the application it shows fatal error. Please help me out of this problem.I had attached the screenshot that explains the problem.

Thank you

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Please post the image inline with text as ANSYS employees are not allowed to download attachment.

Do you have install.err file under (default) C:Program FilesANSYS IncANSYS Student

If so, please post its content here.

Thanks,

Win

• David2020
      Subscriber

Hi, tsiriaks,

I have a similar problem with my Ansys 2020 R1, each time I try to launch it, I get this error:

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Thanks for the info David2020.

The installation error is troublesome, we will need to make sure this is fixed first. For some reason, that .itcl file doesn't exist. Can you double check in that location if it really is missing ? If so, you will have to reinstall but make sure you completely remove C:Program FilesANSYS Inc  folder first. If you still see the same error here, you may need to try downloading a new installation package from the website and unpack it again as well as trying to install while security software on the machine is disabled.

• David2020
      Subscriber

I have checked and the .itcl is missing. 

I have tried to uninstall the program by running the uninstall file located in C:Program FilesANSYS IncANSYS Studentv201 as administrator but nothing happens when I do so.

Please advise.

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

That may be because the install was missing certain part. However, it's fine. you can simply just manually delete the C:Program FilesANSYS Inc    folder, then re-install. 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.