Fluids

Fluids

Problem with boundary conditions

• hamda
      Subscriber

Hello,  In Geometry creating stage, I didn't spacify some of faces. I created a packed bed of spheres and then in order to specify domain, I created a box around the packed bed. Now in CFD modelling, I want to specify 4 sides of the packed bed as wall (symmetry), as 2 of 4 walls can be seen in the figure. But in CFX, there is no option to specify and name walls. Do I have to return to the first stage and name all faces? or in this current stage I can do it?

Many thanks in advance

• Karthik R
      Administrator

Hello,

If I understand your question right, you are looking for creating Named Selections. You can do this during the meshing process in 'WorkBench Meshing'. In workbench meshing, select the face (enable Face Selection Filter) and right-click to select 'Create Named Selections'. These Named Selections will be transferred automatically to the solver when you import in mesh. Here is a youtube video which illustrates this.

I am also moving your question to the Fluid Dynamics thread. Just FYI. I hope this helps.

Best,

Karthik

• hamda
      Subscriber

Thanks a lot. Especially for providing me with this video. Now I did that and problem solved

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.