Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Problem with launching APDL from ANSYS Student 19.2

• prachitkamble97
      Subscriber

I have just installed ANSYS Student software but every time I try to launch APDL, this message is displayed. I need it urgently. Please help as soon as possible.

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi prachitkamble97,

Try this

Check the PATH System Variable to make sure that C:WINDOWSsystem32;C:WINDOWS;C:WINDOWSSystem32Wbem;… entries are in front of everything else.

Like:  PATH=C:WINDOWSsystem32;C:WINDOWS;C:WINDOWSSystem32Wbem;…all other entries...

Also, check if you have any of the following environment variables set

TCLLIBPATH

TCL_LIBRARY

TIX_LIBRARY

TK_LIBRARY

If so, try unsetting them.

If those still don't help,

- check C:Program FilesANSYS IncANSYS Student   , then see if you have install.err file in here. If so, please post the content of the file here.

- open elevated CMD Prompt (right click on CMD and 'run as administrator')

then issue the following commands

"C:Program FilesANSYS Incansys studentv192ProductConfig.exe" -silent -prereqs

Wait a few minutes (or you can open up Windows Task Manager and make sure that the process 'productconfig.exe' has stopped running)

"C:Program FilesANSYS Incansys studentv192ProductConfig.exe" -silent -unconfig

Wait a few minutes (or you can open up Windows Task Manager and make sure that the process 'productconfig.exe' has stopped running)

"C:Program FilesANSYS Incansys studentv192ProductConfig.exe" -silent -config

Thank you,

Win

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.