December 16, 2022 at 10:32 amPawel11125Subscriber
I want to use Lumerical FDTD. I downloaded the program from lumerical.com (evaluate for free). I installed Ansys Optics 2022 R2.4 and Ansys License Management Center (latest version). Then I tried activate license but I had problem with that. I read in Ansys Quick Start Licensing Guide on page 6 that if I am a new customer and I did not receive a license file, I have to send you file with hostid to create a license for me. I sent this file but I received a message that I should write here with that problem. What can I do with that problem?
December 16, 2022 at 10:34 pmLito YapAnsys Employee
You are on the right track. To request for the 30 day evaluation license please follow the Knowledge Base (KB) guide:
- request for the trial license from the Lumerical simulation software.
- Add/install the license file you received into the Ansys LM on our computer.
- Restart Lumerical and configure this to obtain the license from the Ansys LM on server: localhost.
December 20, 2022 at 10:02 amPawel11125Subscriber
I've tried this tutorial and I have still this problem. But I've tried use another part of Lumerical ( MODE example Arrayed waveguide grating ) and I did it and I have license for this part.
December 20, 2022 at 6:20 pmLito YapAnsys Employee
December 21, 2022 at 9:49 am
December 21, 2022 at 5:47 pmLito YapAnsys Employee
Please contact the email provided in the Launcher using your institution's email that you registered with Lumerical.
Free email/web based email (gmail, yahoo, etc) are not supported and will not work with our evaluation license.
January 10, 2023 at 11:45 amPawel11125Subscriber
I did everything like here, and I send email to support. They wrote to me that I should try to write on this forum.
I am from Wrocław University of Science and Technology so I have email from this institution.
January 10, 2023 at 9:08 pmLito YapAnsys Employee
Please try to request for the Ansys Lumerical FDTD license again. Let me know if you run into the same issue.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.