Photonics

Photonics

Problem with license

• Pawel11125
      Subscriber

Hello, 

I want to use Lumerical FDTD. I downloaded the program from lumerical.com (evaluate for free). I installed Ansys Optics 2022 R2.4 and Ansys License Management Center (latest version). Then I tried activate license but I had problem with that. I read in Ansys Quick Start Licensing Guide on page 6 that if I am a new customer and I did not receive a license file, I have to send you file with hostid to create a license for me. I sent this file but I received a message that I should write here with that problem. What can I do with that problem? 

• Lito Yap
      Ansys Employee

@Pawel11125,

You are on the right track. To request for the 30 day evaluation license please follow the Knowledge Base (KB) guide:

How to request a 30-day evaluation license – Ansys Optics 

1. request for the trial license from the Lumerical simulation software.
      2. Add/install the license file you received into the Ansys LM on our computer.
      3. Restart Lumerical and configure this to obtain the license from the Ansys LM on server: localhost.
    • Pawel11125
      Subscriber

I've tried this tutorial and I have still this problem. But I've tried use another part of Lumerical ( MODE example Arrayed waveguide grating ) and I did it and I have license for this part.

• Lito Yap
      Ansys Employee

@Pawel11125,

If you do not have the license for the other products/solvers, you can request for the trial licenses for each of our solvers individually or from the example that requires the license for the said solver. 

The Ring Modulator example requires most of the solver licenses. 

• Pawel11125
      Subscriber

I've tried

then

then

then

• Lito Yap
      Ansys Employee

Please contact the email provided in the Launcher using your institution's email that you registered with Lumerical.

>>> How to create or update your Ansys Lumerical user account – Ansys Optics 

Free email/web based email (gmail, yahoo, etc) are not supported and will not work with our evaluation license. 

• Pawel11125
      Subscriber

I did everything like here, and I send email to support. They wrote to me that I should try to write on this forum.

I am from Wrocław University of Science and Technology so I have email from this institution.

• Lito Yap
      Ansys Employee

@Pawel11125,

Please try to request for the Ansys Lumerical FDTD license again. Let me know if you run into the same issue. 

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.