Preprocessing

Preprocessing

Problem with mesh generation in centrifugal fan

• andrewgolota
      Subscriber

Hello everyone

I'm quite new with ANSYS and I've got a project associated with centrifugal fan. As I made my approach to generating mesh on my geometry I was warned about error:

The source mesh cannot be correctly copied to the target surface. This might be because the surface is a closed surface with degenerate points. Splitting the surface might help.

picture with problematic geometry

I have no idea how to fix it. Can anybody help me?

If it'll be needed I can attach geometry and meshfile. I'm using 2019 R1 academic version.

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

What Mesh Control are you trying to use?

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber
    • andrewgolota
      Subscriber

Thank you peteroznewman for help. Regarding to your question, currently I have no Mesh Controls. I've just tried to generate automatic mesh. 

I made some operation above geometry in DM. I have splitted problematic geometry by Split by Plane operation (I've created a proper Plane), and then I connected those two new parts by Boolean operation. Suprisingly, now the error in Meshing seems to go away. But my question is: will it have a significant footprint on phisycal values (I am suppossed to calculate total pressure and efficency)

Visualization of operations

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

If you slice then unite, that will return you to the starting point, but maybe some geometry cleanup occurred in the process. Keep going.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.