August 15, 2019 at 9:39 pmandrewgolotaSubscriber
I'm quite new with ANSYS and I've got a project associated with centrifugal fan. As I made my approach to generating mesh on my geometry I was warned about error:
The source mesh cannot be correctly copied to the target surface. This might be because the surface is a closed surface with degenerate points. Splitting the surface might help.
I have no idea how to fix it. Can anybody help me?
If it'll be needed I can attach geometry and meshfile. I'm using 2019 R1 academic version.
August 16, 2019 at 12:37 ampeteroznewmanSubscriber
What Mesh Control are you trying to use?
August 16, 2019 at 12:40 ampeteroznewmanSubscriber
August 16, 2019 at 9:24 amandrewgolotaSubscriber
Thank you peteroznewman for help. Regarding to your question, currently I have no Mesh Controls. I've just tried to generate automatic mesh.
I made some operation above geometry in DM. I have splitted problematic geometry by Split by Plane operation (I've created a proper Plane), and then I connected those two new parts by Boolean operation. Suprisingly, now the error in Meshing seems to go away. But my question is: will it have a significant footprint on phisycal values (I am suppossed to calculate total pressure and efficency)
August 16, 2019 at 12:23 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
If you slice then unite, that will return you to the starting point, but maybe some geometry cleanup occurred in the process. Keep going.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- ANSYS Workbench Measuring within Design
- how to improve the inflation quality at sharp corners?
- check element type
- The mesh file exporter could not resolve cyclic dependencies in overlapping contact regions error
- How to resolve Mesh Failure
- Meshing Error
- Error in meshing
- Conformal vs Non-Conformal Mesh
- execution error inside the mesher. The process suffered an unhandled exception or ran out of memory
- inflation created stairstep mesh at some location
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.