March 14, 2020 at 4:50 pmGordievskySubscriber
Could anybody help me how to solve a problem with mesh generating. I can't understand what's wrong.
March 15, 2020 at 12:13 ampeteroznewmanSubscriber
What is wrong is that you have a thin-walled solid body that you meshed with solid elements.
The best way to mesh this body is to open the geometry in SpaceClaim and use the Midsurface feature to make surfaces at the center of the thickness of the solids. Then in Mechanical, it is easy to mesh the surfaces. The shell elements are assigned the thickness of 20 mm.
You didn't say what version of ANSYS you are using. Attached is a 2019 R3 archive.
March 16, 2020 at 5:53 amGordievskySubscriber
Thanks a lot! it works)
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- ANSYS Workbench Measuring within Design
- How to resolve Mesh Failure
- check element type
- The mesh file exporter could not resolve cyclic dependencies in overlapping contact regions error
- Meshing Error
- Error in meshing
- Conformal vs Non-Conformal Mesh
- Ansys 19.0 – will not create mesh
- Dealing with inflation layers around sharp corners in Ansys workbench meshing
- execution error inside the mesher. The process suffered an unhandled exception or ran out of memory
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.