Fluids

Fluids

Problem with Mesh Interface in Setup

• Tahywo
      Subscriber

Hi,

I am trying to check for the temperature distribution of tubes in a cylindrical shaped thermal shield. Because of the complexity of the geometry, I am presently looking at the two tubes at the base plate. I am having an issue with the mesh interface at the setup, also it was showing an error (Error: 0nquire-adjacent-threads: not a face thread - Error Object: #) after opening set up.

Anyone experienced something similar or with an idea on how to go about this? your help will be highly appreciated. 

• raul.raghav
      Subscriber

Could you attach your workbench archive file so we could take a look into it? If you're not sure how to create and share a workbench archive file, please refer: Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format

• Tahywo
      Subscriber

Thank you Raul.

Please find attached.

• Tahywo
      Subscriber

Hi, 

Also I am getting this; (Error: floating point exception Error Object: #f) error while running my simulation.

Any idea why that is?

Also I am getting this error 

• Vishal Ganore
      Ansys Employee

You have bodies in surface contact with each other. Please use shared topology option as shown below:

You also need to work on meshing each part. Apply suitable mesh type and size to achieve good mesh. Default mesh option will not produce good mesh for your application.

• Tahywo
      Subscriber

Thank you Vishal. Will try this out. 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.