March 20, 2022 at 8:56 pmsonne086Subscriber
When running a transient temperature simulation, I am struggling to get the simulation to complete. The progress bar rushes to 10% while solving the mathematical model. Then, within 5 to 10 minutes, the progress bar resets to 1% where it is stuck solving the mathematical model.
Other information that might be important: I am running a sim on a CubeSat, simulating orbit around the earth (5400 seconds). I have timestep data for internal and external heat fluxes, and I have surface to surface radiation included. Mesh at 450,000 nodes.
I don't know what to do with this or how to troubleshoot it. If anyone knows what to do about this, some advice would be greatly appreciated.March 20, 2022 at 10:39 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriberWhat version of ANSYS are you using? Can you share your .wbpz Project Archive file? Clear the mesh before you save the file.
March 20, 2022 at 11:24 pmsonne086SubscriberI'm not sure of the exact version but its 2020 R2
Viewing 2 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.