Ansys Free Student Software

Ansys Free Student Software

Problem with the program

Tagged: 

• kevinazcuy
      Subscriber

I have used the program 100% fine for almost a month and now I’m having issues. When I click on model after importing the geometry (for static structural) the workbench mechanical doesn’t open it gives me the pop-up(s) shown in the attached pic (the error message that it give me is that either the app crashed or lost connection. I can only see the message after closing in task manager). I have tried everything I can think of (i have been trying all day) and I really need this program for my class. If there is anything you can think of please let me know (I’ll answer any questions you have)

• Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Is the problem unique to that geometry? If not rename the appdata file (use the search tool to find the instructions) and try again. n
    • kevinazcuy
      Subscriber
      Rob i tried and it?s any geometry as how would I rename the ?app data file? (what is that) do u do that in workbench?(im not the best with tech issues)n
    • kevinazcuy
      Subscriber
      i tried and it?s any geometry as how would I rename the ?app data file? (what is that) do u do that in workbench?(im not the best with tech issues). i have not problem removing all of workbench from my computer and then reinstall it but I cant figure out how to uninstall the whole work bench.nn
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      There should be an icon to uninstall, if not then look in the Ansys folder for the version of interest. nIf you search for %appdata% in File Explorer you'll find a few, you want the one that's related to the Ansys version of interest. https://forum.ansys.com/discussion/comment/89586#Comment_89586n
    • tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee
      if that doesn't help, try registering DLL's first, ref:nnOpen elevated CMD Prompt (right click on CMD and 'run as administrator' ), then enter the following commandsnnregsvr32.exe ole32.dllnregsvr32.exe atl.dllnregsvr32.exe oleaut32.dllnregsvr32.exe scrrun.dllnregsvr32.exe jscript.dllnregsvr32.exe vbscript.dllnmove %appdata%\ansys %appdata%\ansys.oldnnMake sure all are successful.nn
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.