General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Problem with time dependent voltage application

• Luigi0
      Subscriber
      Hi,nI am performing a 2-way transient analysis to study acoustophoresis and I have to apply time-dependent voltage on a piezoelectric layer. I am experiencing the same problem described in this previous post (https://forum.ansys.com/discussion/7198/time-dependant-voltage-load).nThe only possibility is to apply it through commands? But if I want to apply a voltage that varies with time in a sinusoidal way, how can I do?nThanksn
    • HuiLiu
      Ansys Employee
      Could you clarify your 2-way coupled setup? Do you have Piezo & MEMS ACT and Acoustic ACT in a transient structural module, ie. a strong coupling between piezo and acoustic domain?nAs indicated in the previous post, you can use the tabular load definition through the command *DIM. If you have a sinusoidal varying data, you will have more data points which might be a bit tedious to define the tabular data item by item. If the data point count is too large to be define in the way shown in the previous post, you can consider having the data saved as some txt or csv file, read them in through the *TREAD command. For details on how to use *TREAD command please refer to the command reference of Mechanical APDL user's guide: https://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v202/en/ans_cmd/Hlp_C_TREAD.htmlnn
    • Luigi0
      Subscriber
      Thanks for your answer. My system is formed by a piezoelectric layer, a silicon layer, a channel where the fluid flows, and on top a glass layer. I have Piezo & MEMS ACT in the structural module, then I have a fluent module to describe the fluid+discrete phase (the acoustic domain should be the channel where the fluid flows), and finally I have the system coupling module. I use the expression 2 way analysis to describe the exchange of data between the structural and the fluid part and viceversa.nI will try to use the *TREAD command as you suggest.n
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.