September 15, 2020 at 12:39 pmskymoon6761SubscriberSeptember 18, 2020 at 6:36 pmHuiLiuAnsys EmployeeHi did you try the smooth option as mentioned in the previous post? If smooth doesn't help, you will need to do a reverse engineering like mentioned, ie. cleanup the facet, shrink wrap, convert to solid etc. To reverse engineer the facet, you need to first export the STL file from the result of topology optimization, did you have that file?nSeptember 21, 2020 at 10:22 amskymoon6761SubscriberI have exported the stl file. When I press the 'Transfer to Design Validation System' button, the instant Geometry column appears and then disappears. Instead of Results to Geometry it becomes Results to Model.nSeptember 21, 2020 at 10:23 amskymoon6761SubscriberCould it be because it is a student version?.September 23, 2020 at 7:22 pmHuiLiuAnsys Employeeto reverse engineer the STL file, open up standalone SpaceClaim, or start from the geometry cell of a new analysis in Workbench. Once SpaceClaim is launched, import the STL and convert it to solid. The fastest way is to right click the facet and choose convert to solid. But this might result in a messy solid with lots of edges on the faces. Depending on the complexity of the facet, some manual cleanup might be needed. You can explore the Facet tab in SpaceClaim for the facet fixing and cleaning tools.nSeptember 29, 2020 at 3:29 pmskymoon6761SubscriberThank you.nViewing 5 reply threads
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Colors and Mesh Display
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.