Ansys Free Student Software

Ansys Free Student Software

Problem with using CFX solver: “Unable to load dll ‘cclapilt.dll'”

• jeymzgu_14
      Subscriber

Hi! I just recently downloaded ANSYS Student Version 2022 for one of my laboratory classes. Our first exercise involved using CFX to simulate flow in a pipe. I was successfully able to load the fluid domain, generate a simple mesh, and set up boundary conditions. However, this error keeps occurring when I use the solver:

unable to load dll 'cclapilt.dll': the specified module could not be found. (exception from hresult: 0x8007007e)

I have uninstalled, deleted, and reinstalled ANSYS multiple times but the error still remains. I have already located the specific cclapilt.dll in the ANSYS program folder, meaning the file itself isn't missing.

For reference, I am currently using Bootcamp in order to run Windows on my Mac. I initially thought it was an issue with Bootcamp, but the same error occurred when I borrowed a relative's PC. Hoping to get some help on this.

• jeymzgu_14
      Subscriber
      An update: am currently using a newly bought PC an the error still occurs. I'm hoping to get help on this, thanks!
    • Holger Grotjans
      Ansys Employee
      Please installMS VC++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4. and check if this resolves the issue.
    • Brickmaster
      Subscriber
      thank you so much! I tried this like 10 times and it didn't work. I tried it again, following your link, and it finally solved the problem. No idea why it didn't work before. Can't believe it. I just registered to thank you.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.