Fluids

Fluids

Problem with visualization of NO2 mass fractions

• raghava
      Subscriber

Hi,

I am facing some issues with viewing the mass fraction of Nox species in CFD - Post processing. The variable name isn't present in the drop down list of the species in the post processing interface.

The system is a partially premixed combustion of Hydrogen. Initially I used a cold flow (Species transport model to converge then selected the partially premixed model). When I selected the species transport model it displayed that all the pollutants will be set to 0 but I thought this will over written as the partially premixed model is selected.

Interestingly, I am able to see the contour of mass fraction of no2 in the Fluent interface of the post processing but the image quality is very bad.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
      Raman

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

Did your run with Fluent? Are your there able to see the Nox fractions? I guess you are using the NOx pollutant models. I think you need to add the NOx related quantities for export to CFD-Post (under File Export ) and change the Data File Quantities in Fuent. The quality image might be related to your graphic card / old graphic driver or missing graphic card (check: https://www.ansys.com/-/media/ansys/corporate/files/pdf/solutions/it-professionals/platform-support/graphical-display-graphics-cards-tested-192.pdf?la=de-de)

• raghava
      Subscriber

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the solution. It works like a charm. Yes, I did run with Fluent 18.2.

Thanks and kind regards,

Raghavendran Raman

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

You are welcome Raghavendran

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.