Ansys Free Student Software

Ansys Free Student Software

Problem with Workbench 19.2 installation

• fabio.tabacow
      Subscriber

Hello people, 

I installed ANSYS 19.2 student version in the pc with win 10 here in university. 

When I tried to start Workbench 19.2 an error popped up telling that the runwb2.exe file doesn't exists in the right local. I already looked for it, but the computer didn't find.

What can I do to fix it?

Thank you!

Fabio Tabacow

• pgl
      Ansys Employee

Hi fabio.tabacow,

Can you please review this post and replies, see if it helps? 

• fabio.tabacow
      Subscriber

Hi pgl!

I looked for the file at the folder (C:Program FilesANSYS IncANSYS Studentv192FrameworkbinWin64) that someone told, but the file runwb2.exe doesn´t exist!

the folder without the file

Because of the missed file, I can't do the instructions that were teached at the post.

Can I do something to solve it?

Thank you!

Fabio

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Did you run the installer as Admin?  Also, does that machine have the teaching or other ANSYS products installed? 

• eligio96
      Subscriber

I too am having the same problem, I did install all 3 student options available, I also tried searching for workbench and my computer simply does not have it. I did everything as the instructions said. The download did give me .png and .gif files of workbench but not the actual application.

• fabio.tabacow
      Subscriber

I really need to talk to the person that installed it for me, cause I'm not the admin of the pc.

Is it possible that the executable file did not appear if the installation process didn't make as admin?

I already asked this permission to use the software, but I don't have it in this moment. I think that I'll have it soon.

Thank you!

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Do you have a file named 'install.err' under C:Program FilesANSYS IncANSYS Student  ?

Thanks,

Win

• fabio.tabacow
      Subscriber

Yes!!!! 

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Could you post the content of it here ?

Thank you,

Win

• fabio.tabacow
      Subscriber

Yes Tsiriaks!

I'll attach the file here as  images....

Part 1Part 2

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Your current path of the unzipped installation package is under C:Usersfabio.tabacowDocumentsSoftwaresAnsysAnsys

Can you or your admin re-download the package from https://www.ansys.com/academic/free-student-products

Then, unzipped the package into a common directory that is accessible by any user, e.g., C:Temp.

Then try reinstalling the products again. Make sure to remove / delete any installed ANSYS folders before attempting a new install.

If you still have issue, please re-post the content of install.err again.

Thank you,

Win

• fabio.tabacow
      Subscriber

Thank you Win!!!

I made the process you told me and now it´s working well!

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

That's great ! I'm glad it's working for you now !

Could you mark the thread as resolved, so that folks would know that there is already a resolution to this issue ?

Thank you,

Win

• fabio.tabacow
      Subscriber

Done!

• ravisaiteja
      Subscriber

Hii WIN sir 

i am also facing same problem  Runwb2.exe error can you plzz solve it

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi ravisaiteja,

Please create a new thread for your issue, then we can work on it.

Thanks,

Win

• Johan86
      Subscriber

Hi! Im having the same problem, having an .err file and cant find any program, just ANSYS RSM configuration, job and cluster monitoring, but not workbench or any other. Hope you can help me, thank you!

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Please create  new thread and include the content of your .err file in the text message.

Thanks,

Win

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.