April 21, 2023 at 2:21 pmZiyao ZhangSubscriber
I run a INTERCONNECT simulation, and got some problems. In the first picture, I have two signals (1 and 2), the powers are -17.83166054 dBm and -22.13051353 dBm respectively, and there is little atteuation at microring through ports. I simply connect the signal1 to the second ring (show as figure 2), and let the signal go pass through port, ideally I think the final output power 3 should be simply 1+2 which is -16.4592801232786 dBm. However, it is much larger than this value. Is it my fault or the INTERCONNECT went wrong? Much appreciate if you could help.
April 22, 2023 at 1:28 amKyleAnsys Employee
Hello, the optical signals in INTERCONNECT are coherent so you must add the amplitudes to account for interference effects, not the power. The power would sum if they were incoherent signals. The output here may not necessarily be equal to the sum of the power due to constructive or destructive interference.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- Ansys Insight: Why my simulation result is different from published paper or experiment?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.