May 23, 2021 at 7:50 pmPuhanSubscriber
I hope you are doing well.
I am trying to see crack propagation in dcb using SMART by making an arbitrary crack as followingMay 24, 2021 at 4:15 pmDavid WeedAnsys Employee
Thank you for your question. Can you let me know where your local crack coordinate system is located?
May 25, 2021 at 12:38 pmMay 26, 2021 at 10:49 pmDavid WeedAnsys Employee
I recreated a model with similar parameters and I am able to get crack growth using SMART:
Can you check the ds.dat file for the crack tip node component information (right click on Solution and Open Solver Files Directory); mine has this:
/com,*********** Done Sending CINT Commands For All Cracks ***********
/com,*********** Send Crack Growth "SMART Crack Growth" ***********
cgrow,new,1! Crack growth set
cgrow,cid,1! cint id for crack growth
cgrow,cfcm,NS_ARBCRACK_FRONT! Define crack tip node component
Also, what are your settings for the Arbitrary crack object?
Viewing 3 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
Top Rated Tags
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.