August 22, 2023 at 3:33 amJian LiuSubscriber
I'm doing numerical simulations of laser selective melting, including: 1. the gas phase above; 2. the molten metal phase below. I have tried laser heat source acting between two phases, and there is a problem when dealing with steam backlash pressure, thank you for your advice!
1. Laser heat source power 200w, spot radius 40μm. Choose two sizes of models 0.12mmX0.2mmX0.25mm and 1.6mmX0.8mmX0.65mm, the difference between the two is only the difference in grid size (1μm/grid and 10μm/grid), otherwise using exactly the same settings and UDF compilation statements.
2. However, when the same temperature is reached, the former does not seem to have evaporation, while the evaporation depth of the latter (10μm/grid) is about 800nm.
The UDF of the recoil pressure and a schematic diagram are below.
I would appreciate any comments!
August 22, 2023 at 3:39 amJian LiuSubscriberThe evaporation temperature is 3500K
August 22, 2023 at 3:43 amJian LiuSubscriberNormally, should the finer the mesh be the more accurate the calculation result, does it mean that the 10μm/mesh model is wrong? Thank you
August 22, 2023 at 11:02 amRobAnsys Employee
How many cells are you adding the source term to in each case? Rather than spreading questions over several threads keep them in one place?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- error: Received signal SIGSEGV
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.