Fluids

Fluids

Problems with Forces Reports

Tagged: 

• Jannick
      Subscriber

Hello, maybe someone can help me with my problem. When evaluating the forces, I keep getting sometimes very different results when I recalculate the same simulation with unchanged parameters. I read in a report that the forces are output at the end of the iterations that have been set and if you don't want fluctuating results, you should calculate them over several iterations. How do I create a calculation over several iterations? Does this have anything to do with Solutions - Definitions - Force Report - Drag - Average Over (Iterations)?

I used the following software: Ansys Fluent 2021 R2

• Rahul M K
      Subscriber

Hello,

By default, Ansys Fluent reports the value of the last iteration (Average Over set to 1), due to which you may notice slightly different values based on the number of iterations completed.

You are correct about the process. Specifying the Average Over (iterations) value greater than 1 will report the value averaged over the last N iterations specified. 

For more info, refer Fluent User Guide 44.2.43. Force Report Definition Dialog Box (ansys.com)

If you are unable to access the link, follow this Forum discussion Using Help with links (ansys.com)

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Rahul M K

• Jannick
      Subscriber

Hello Rahul, thank you very much for your fast response! 

• Rahul M K
      Subscriber

You're welcome :)

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.