September 5, 2022 at 8:37 amatiwariSubscriber
I am trying to solve the FSI problem in workbench (transient + fluent) based on the ANSYS How to Tutorial on ANSYS Workbench 2021R1. The link to the tutorial is attached below.
As told in tutorial it is said to connect solution of transient structural .i.e. B6 to results of fluent i.e. C6. But when i try to connect the workbench is not connecting it showing the denied sign. Can i anyone help me figure out the way or tell me what i am doing wrong with this setup.
Thanks in Advance.
September 6, 2022 at 5:27 amNikhil NaraleAnsys Employee
Just a thought. Can you drag a standalone 'Results' component system into the project schematic and try connecting solutions of both the Transient structural and Fluent to the results?
September 6, 2022 at 5:38 amatiwariSubscriber
September 8, 2022 at 12:05 pmRMAnsys Employee
You can view the coupled analysis results in Ensight.
To view coupled results in EnSight you you have to follow the procedure as. (https://forum.ansys.com/uploads/149/HUBQN99F4L5X.pdf)
- Load System Coupling results. For the Look in field, navigate to System Coupling's results folder, \dp0\SC\SC\SyC\Results
- Load Mechanical results.
> File > Open > Enable keep Currently Loaded data > (load .rst file from \dp0\FFF\MECH) Enable advanced interface > Load all parts
3. Load Fluent Results
> File > Open > Enable keep Currently Loaded data > (load .rst file from \dp0\FFF\Fluent) Enable advanced interface > Select .cas file
Edit both file names, replacing the step number with a wild card, as follows:
\dp0\FFF\Fluent\FFF.1-1-*.dat.h5 and load all parts.
Hope that helps!!
September 21, 2022 at 3:02 pmStephen OrlandoAnsys Employee
Loading Mechanical results in CFD-Post is no longer supported as of 2021R1. This is mentioned here: 3.3. Incompatibilities (ansys.com)
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error in cfd post
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.