Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Problems with license Academic version

• tdc0ht
      Subscriber

Hello everyone,

I have a problem using the 2019 R2 version. I was told to connect to the uni server, were the license is supposed to be, but i'm not able to do so. I ran license manager to get some details and I'm getting this message " The required license file was not found in: C:Program FilesANSYS IncShared FilesLicensinglicense_files"

Does anybody knows what i have to do in order to use the license?

Here's the license status

***** LICENSE SERVER STATUS: 1055@lic-eii *****

lmutil - Copyright (c) 1989-2015 Flexera Software LLC. All Rights Reserved.
      Flexible License Manager status on Sun 7/28/2019 14:18

[Detecting lmgrd processes...]
      License server status: 1055@LIC-EII
          License file(s) on LIC-EII: C:Program FilesANSYS IncShared FilesLicensinglicense_filesansyslmd.lic:

LIC-EII: license server UP (MASTER) v11.13.1

Vendor daemon status (on LIC-EII):

ansyslmd: UP v11.13.1
      Feature usage info:

Users of aa_mcad:  (Total of 5 licenses issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of aa_t_cfd:  (Total of 5 licenses issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of acfd_vki:  (Total of 5 licenses issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of afsp_gui:  (Total of 5 licenses issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of afsp_optigrid:  (Total of 5 licenses issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of afsp_viewmerical:  (Total of 5 licenses issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of aim_mp1:  (Total of 5 licenses issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of ensight_enterprise:  (Total of 5 licenses issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of envision_pro:  (Total of 5 licenses issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

====================================================================================================

thanks for the help.

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Since you are not hosting licenses on your own machine, you don't need to install the License Manager.

On all client machines (like yours), they just need to point the machine to the license server by launching the Client ANSLIC_ADMIN Utility v1x.x with "run as administrator" > Specify the License Server Machine > Add Server Machine Specification > in the Hostname 1 box , type the hostname of the server (LIC-EII  in this case) > OK 

Thanks,

Win

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.