May 25, 2023 at 5:19 amLeonid PascarSubscriber
I try using to optimize an array of etched slots and I followed the example of inverse design of grating coupler. I defined the params using FunctionDefinedPolygon or ParameterizedGeometry. In both cases, the inital shape is correct, but the optimization end before the first iteration saying that projg=0. Which is incorrect as the FOM is far from the target. I understand that gradients are not really calculated. Could you please advise about why it happens?
I pasted below the output of the optimization
At iterate 0 f= -2.40344D-01 |proj g|= 0.00000D+00
* * *
Tit = total number of iterations
Tnf = total number of function evaluations
Tnint = total number of segments explored during Cauchy searches
Skip = number of BFGS updates skipped
Nact = number of active bounds at final generalized Cauchy point
Projg = norm of the final projected gradient
F = final function value
* * *
N Tit Tnf Tnint Skip Nact Projg F
17 0 1 0 0 0 0.000D+00 -2.403D-01
F = -0.24034417377896422
May 25, 2023 at 7:04 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
My colleague is busy in projects. I just want to suggest to check the optimized parameter and see how does it modify the polygon. You may try a sweep and see if the parameter can actually apply to the polygon.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Ansys Insight: Why my simulation result is different from published paper or experiment?
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.