January 26, 2022 at 9:50 amOymegiSubscriber
I have the following problem in mechanical APDL :
I’m making an axisymmetric model with PLANE25 (imposed ETYPE) and I’m applying force loads at nodes with a FX, FY, MY and MZ labels (F,cm,FX,Value).
But when it comes to apply MY and MZ load Ansys show the following warning :
*** WARNING *** CP = 14.844 TIME= 17:32:34
The NODAL LOAD label of MY is not part of the currently active set.
The current NODAL LOAD set is: FX FY FZ .
Does this problem come from Plane25 elements ? (As I understood PLANE25 elements allow non axisymmetric loading )
ThanksJanuary 26, 2022 at 10:00 amErik KostsonAnsys EmployeeHi
See the help manual (plane25) for more information.
In general though axisymmetric FEA has X and Y degrees of freedom (plane25 has that also) -> FX and FY should be possible nodal loads as the warning indicates ('The current NODAL LOAD set is: FX FY FZ').
So we do not have rotational degrees of freedom in axisymmetric elements -> hence moments (MY,etc) can not be applied to them (as the warning says: The NODAL LOAD label of MY is not part of the currently active set.).
All the best
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Errors – Reinforced Concrete Beam
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- Cannot apply load on node
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Colors and Mesh Display
Top Rated Tags