August 12, 2018 at 3:56 pmnlahiri95Subscriber
I am attempting to model the inside of a thermos for a project. Right now I am using ANSYS 18.2 APDL, and am running a 2D axisymmetric simulation.
The model consists of two walls and a top cap that are rotated axisymmetrically. The element I am currently using is PLANE55. I am incorporating conduction, convection, and radiation. There are a few problems I am having.
- Not sure how to model the hot water inside. Currently using PLANE55 elements with the thermal properties of water.
- My radiation isn't working properly. Do I need to use a LINK31 element to make it work? I need to radiate between the walls and to the outside.
- Different areas aren't conducting to each other. Is there a way to set up contacts like there is in Workbench?
I have included the .db for this if it helps. I appreciate any help!
August 21, 2018 at 2:35 amKarthik RAdministrator
You might want to take a look at this video tutorial to understand how to perform heat transfer analysis on APDL. There are several of these video available on Youtube. Perhaps, you might find a case closely resembling your set-up. I hope this helps. I'm copying a link to one of them.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.