November 6, 2023 at 4:50 pmPanagiotis ArtemiouSubscriber
I want to create a surface to plot some velocity contours on. I am attaching an image of the channels. These channels are symmetrical along the x axis and i want to make a surface that is only halve the width along the z axis. so that only halve of the channels are shown in the contour plots. How is that possible? (for example in the case shown in the image below, the planes are in the entire width along z axis).
Thank you very much.
November 6, 2023 at 8:52 pmFederico Alzamora PrevitaliSubscriber
You can try using cell registers to define regions within your domain and then use them to create your contour plots.
November 7, 2023 at 4:16 pmRobForum Moderator
Have a look at iso-surfaces and then iso-clip too.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- error: Received signal SIGSEGV
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.