April 1, 2022 at 3:16 pmvlehmannSubscriber
I am trying to run an single frequency HFSS simulation on an HPC and get the error "process hf3d exited with code 149". Does anyone know what the error means or where I can find out how to fix it? I was able to run this simulation on a local server without issue.
ValerieApril 12, 2022 at 11:29 amPraneethAnsys Employee
We need more information on this to serve you better.
There can be multiple reasons for this error.
Please check below points and take action accordingly.
At what stage of simulation this error is triggered - like adaptive meshing stage, frequency sweep?
Are you running manual HPC setup or the automatic? If you are using manual then try automatic once.
Does your HPC machine has enough RAM?
All the very best Praneeth.
April 12, 2022 at 6:24 pmvlehmannSubscriberHello Praneeth The error is triggered right after "Adaptive Pass #1 - Solving single frequency for adaptive meshing". The full error says that "Design:HFSSDesign1 (DrivenModal), Solving adaptive frequency ... (Domain solver), process hf3d exited with code 149."
The HPC is automatic I believe. How would I be able to tell if I have enough RAM? I didn't see an error about the RAM.
Thank you Valerie
Viewing 2 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
Ansys BlogTrending discussions
- Signing up as ANSYS Support Coordinator
- Maxwell, HFSS or Q3D?
- How to export Ansys Maxwell simulation results for post-processing in matlab or in .csv file
- Illegal External Terminal – assigning current to a coil
- Number of parallel paths in Ansys Maxwell
- Failed to recover curve outlines
- Domain Decomposition in HFSS
- Feeding experimental data (temperature) in to Ansys to get conductivity
- meshing problem
Top Rated Tags