Fluids

Fluids

Profile export from a portion of the domain

• heisenmech
      Subscriber
      Hi all,nIs there any way of creating a portion/zone within a domain in Fluent and export certain variables on nodes in that portion/zone? Basically, instead of exporting a profile on a defined surface, I need to export a profile on a defined portion of the volume domain.nAny help is much appreciated.nThanks.n
    • Karthik R
      Administrator
      Hi,nYou should be able to use the 'Solution Data' option under 'File -> Export'.nI hope this helps.nThanks.nKarthikn
    • heisenmech
      Subscriber
      Hi Karthik,nThank you for your reply. Yes, this would work if you want to export variables across the entire domain. I want to, somehow, create a smaller volume within my domain, and then export data using that smaller volume. nI hope this is clear. nThanks n
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      You will require UDF to do that export. Alternative is to separate your mesh based on the volume you want to use and use default export.n
    • heisenmech
      Subscriber
      Hi Amine,nnCan you please elaborate on what you meant by separating mesh? Creating the volume cad and meshing it, then import into Fluent to create the case file. Then, import actual solution data to that smaller volume Fluent case. Is this perhaps closer to what you think?.Thanks.n
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      No. You separate your mesh by cell register. n
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      n
    • heisenmech
      Subscriber
      nThanks for the suggestion which seems to be what I was looking for. I managed to separate the single zone into two. However, I select CGNS, both zones are selected by default, and it does not allow me to deselect one of the zones.nnn
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.