General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Progressive Damage of a bolted joint in ANSYS ACP

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

An edX Student asks: Can anybody suggest how to calculate failure load in the progressive damage analysis using ANSYS ACP module or in ANSYS Workbench? I am able to see the progressive damage status, maximum failure criteria etc. But how to find the comparable failure load which we see in the actual testing of the joint on Universal Testing Machine, i.e., Maximum tensile load or failure load. I am working on bolted joints in woven fabric reinforced composite materials.

• viv123
      Subscriber

Hello peteroznewman,

What is the way to simulate woven fabric (yarn) model with the user-defined material model(equations obtained from the theory or experiments) and properties in Ansys?

Thank you in Advance

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

I have never used it, but I see there is a category at the bottom called Custom Material Models in Engineering Data and a button to Create Custom Model. 

• viv123
      Subscriber

Ok, sir,

Can we add stress-strain relationship in a equations form with strain rate dependency of the material model?

Thank you

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

There are material models that have a strain rate dependency. Look under the Viscoelastic category.

• viv123
      Subscriber

Ok sir, Thank you can we write our own material model.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.