October 10, 2020 at 8:51 pmDianeSubscriber
I am working on a 2D static structural model and I have recently been facing issues with my project. It has become very laggy and everytime I click on something ansys working is "not responding" for a while. It is also taking too long to open the project or to save it (can take up to 1 hour).
I noticed that the file size it too large compared to the other models (1.3 GB) and more specifically the size of the "designPoint.wbdp" file in the dp0 folder is 740 MBs. I am surprised because the mesh density of my model is of only around 4000 elements.
I don't know if this is relevant but I also have a lot of warning messages in my project (accumulated from previous versions of the model). Below is a screenshot of an example of the warnings I am getting.October 10, 2020 at 11:27 pmViewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
Top Rated Tags
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.