October 22, 2018 at 9:55 pmmahmoudSubscriber
I am having a trouble drawing an FSS on a reflector antenna in order to design a radome. So far I have:
1- A planar 2D FSS pec
2- A reflector made by rotating an equation based curve (I can also thicken it so it can act as the substrate for the FSS)
I am having trouble in the final step where i want to project or wrap FSS on the inner part of the reflector. I tried Modeler >> sheet>wrap but it gives an error.
Any help is appreciated
October 22, 2018 at 10:10 pmasamaiyarSubscriber
Sheet > Wrap only wraps around a solid body. Give your reflector some volume. Maybe give it finite thickness and that should work.
October 23, 2018 at 12:29 ammahmoudSubscriber
Thank you Asamaiyar. I tried wrap but it did not work. Actually Project surface worked (but i have to vary the thickness+number of segments sometimes it gives weird results)
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- simulation completed with execution error on server
- Signing up as ANSYS Support Coordinator
- How to export Ansys Maxwell simulation results for post-processing in matlab or in .csv file
- Maxwell, HFSS or Q3D?
- Unable to assign correctly the excitations in a coil
- Running ANSYS HFSS on the HPC (it runs on Linux only)
- Running ANSYS HFSS on multiple nodes on SLURM based cluster
- Intersect errors with model with complex structure
- Number of parallel paths in Ansys Maxwell
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.