November 28, 2018 at 3:17 pmmohamedbenamorSubscriber
does ANSYS support PSD spectral analysis done after a QR damped modal with material dependent damping (using MP,DMPR). in another form does the PSD spectral analysis support complex modes created by the QRDAMP ? if so the how to display the displacement results ?
November 29, 2018 at 1:57 amApril WangAnsys Employee
I don't think spectrum analysis can take any complex modes created from modal analysis. It seems that even you set Cpxmod = real or off, it won't work.
See below ANSYS Help:
ANSYS Help, Mechanical APDL -- Structural Analysis Guide -- Section 6.2.2
Use the Block Lanczos, PCG Lanczos, Supernode, Subspace method, or Unsymmetric with real solutions requested (Cpxmod = REAL on the MODOPT command) to extract the modes. (Other methods are not valid for subsequent spectrum analysis.)
November 29, 2018 at 1:12 pmmohamedbenamorSubscriber
However i tried to simulate the same model with workbench and it worked, even with variating materials damping the PSD responded to these changes!
so how is it possible to be able to include dependent material damping in workbench and not with APDL ?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Errors – Reinforced Concrete Beam
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Cannot apply load on node
- Colors and Mesh Display