January 22, 2022 at 6:27 am7121573Subscriber
Thank you very much for the valuable discussions you have provided.
I am currently trying to do a meso-scale analysis of pull-out test.
The material properties are fully elasto-plastic for reinforcement and microplane model for concrete. From the simulation of concrete compression and tension tests, we have confirmed that there is no problem with the nonlinearity of concrete.
On the other hand, the simulation has repeatedly failed. I believe that the problem lies in the setting of the interface.
Therefore, I have read many papers on pull-out test using ANSYS. I understand that many people use CONTA174 and TARGE170 as elements of the interface. However I do not understand these settings because of my limited knowledge of APDL.
My current questions regarding CONTA174 and TARGE170 are as follows: 1.
1. is it necessary to create additional geometry for shells when setting up CONTA and TARGE?
2. how do I set up CONTA or TARGE on the current concrete or rebar surface if I don't need to create additional geometry?
3. if there is an example of APDL command for CONTA or TARGE. I would appreciate it if you could help me.
If you have any understanding of the above, I would appreciate it if you could participate. Thank you very much for your cooperation.January 25, 2022 at 2:39 pmJanuary 26, 2022 at 6:23 am7121573SubscriberThank you, @akhemka.
I don't have ANSYS Customer Number as I am using ANSYS Student for my analysis. For this reason, I have not been able to see the url you recommended, although I was curious about it.
Thank you very much for your kind support.
Viewing 2 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
Ansys BlogTrending discussions
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Errors – Reinforced Concrete Beam
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- Cannot apply load on node
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Colors and Mesh Display
Top Rated Tags