General Mechanical

General Mechanical

[Pull-put test]Meso-scale simulation

Subscriber

Hello, everyone

Thank you very much for the valuable discussions you have provided.

I am currently trying to do a meso-scale analysis of pull-out test.

The material properties are fully elasto-plastic for reinforcement and microplane model for concrete. From the simulation of concrete compression and tension tests, we have confirmed that there is no problem with the nonlinearity of concrete.

On the other hand, the simulation has repeatedly failed. I believe that the problem lies in the setting of the interface.

Therefore, I have read many papers on pull-out test using ANSYS. I understand that many people use CONTA174 and TARGE170 as elements of the interface. However I do not understand these settings because of my limited knowledge of APDL.

My current questions regarding CONTA174 and TARGE170 are as follows: 1.

1. is it necessary to create additional geometry for shells when setting up CONTA and TARGE?

2. how do I set up CONTA or TARGE on the current concrete or rebar surface if I don't need to create additional geometry?

3. if there is an example of APDL command for CONTA or TARGE. I would appreciate it if you could help me.

If you have any understanding of the above, I would appreciate it if you could participate. Thank you very much for your cooperation.

• Ashish Khemka
      Ansys Employee

Please see if the following links help you:

CONTA174 (ansys.com)
      35.3. Modeling (ansys.com)
      Chapter 1: Contact Overview (ansys.com)

Regards Ashish Khemka
      Subscriber
      Thank you, @akhemka.

I don't have ANSYS Customer Number as I am using ANSYS Student for my analysis. For this reason, I have not been able to see the url you recommended, although I was curious about it.

Thank you very much for your kind support.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.