Electronics

Electronics

Q3D: AC resistance inductance ACR/ACL execution error

• bsr
      Subscriber

Hi,

My Q3D AC Resistance/Inductance analysis is giving the following error. Could you please suggest some options to try here? Here SI-WAVE is used to transform ODB++ files to Q3D model. (The values within $$ are shortened to remove the computer name and project path. )

[error] Failed to copy local file C:Users$Username$AppDataLocalTempspicelink_$Computername$_19032.pjt/acind.pjt/ensemble_adp.dat to file $ProjectPath$/Q3DVer2.aedtresults/Q3DModel1.results/DV326_S6_V349_P355_ASM.ADP/ensemble_adp.dat. Error: The system cannot find the file specified. . (7:21:09 PM Mar 09, 2022)

[warning] Adaptive Passes for AC R/L did not converge based on specified criteria. (7:21:09 PM Mar 09, 2022)

[error] Simulation completed with execution error on server: Local Machine. (7:21:09 PM Mar 09, 2022)

I have noticed that a similar problem was submitted here but I cannot find a solution to fix issue on my computer.

Hello,

I am trying to perform ACR/ACL analysis with Q3D from an SI-WAVE imported model but it seems that Q3D is unable to perform the initial mesh failing with the error below (I have put $variables$ in the file path for readability):

[error] Failed to copy local file $TEMPDIR$\spicelink_$Computername$_17632.pjt/acind.pjt/ensemble_adp.dat to file $ProjectPath$/$Project$/$Q3DSolution$/DV143_S6_V157_P192_ASM.ADP/ensemble_adp.dat. Error: The system cannot find the file specified. . (8:45:05 AM Jan 24, 2022)

I am confused as other simulations like C/G DCR/DCL work fine with the same model. I have tried to adjust the mesh settings with no luck. Does anyone faced this issue? I am using Ansys 2021R2 on a Win 10 machine.

Thanks,

Jan

• bsr
      Subscriber
      Could you please share some thoughts here?
    • Chinmay T
      Ansys Employee

It looks like your file name is too big to be supported by the OS. Save your AEDT project file in a place where there is a less folder hierarchy.
      Please try with increasing number of passes in a solution setup and see whether solution converge or not.
      Thanks Chinmay
    • bsr
      Subscriber

Thank you for the suggestions, but unfortunately the simulation reports the same problem.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.