March 19, 2021 at 10:47 amoumaimalahmar.olSubscriber
hello, can you help me plz, how I can make a quadratic mesh in this geometry.
I made a mesh like you see in the picture, but when I change the type of mesh or the size the constraint changes too, so I can't know if my tank holds the pressure or not.
- Shell elements for the shell.
- Solid elements for the sight glass and the flanges.March 19, 2021 at 6:43 pmSaiDAnsys EmployeeHello,nYou can change the order of the mesh to Quadratic. See the first image. If you want to change the order for only certain components, you can add a Method for those components and change the Element order only for those components (see image 2).nYou said ...when I change the type of mesh or the size the constraint changes too... What do you mean by 'the constraint changes'? Does the load change? Are you applying the load to the geometry or the mesh? If loads are applied to the mesh (i.e. nodes or elements rather than the underlying geometry), then generating a new mesh will delete those loads (or render those load unscoped). If that is the case, then scope the loads to the underlying geometry and not the mesh.nnnHope this helps,nSainMarch 22, 2021 at 7:30 amoumaimalahmar.olSubscriberthe order of the mesh is quadratic, what i mean by the constraint ( stress). nthnk younMarch 23, 2021 at 1:24 pmSaiDAnsys EmployeeSo does the stress distribution change when the mesh order is changed from linear to quadratic? A small change in the stress distribution is expected. But if the change in stress distribution is large then that would indicate that the mesh you are using is not fine enough.nViewing 3 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- ANSYS Workbench Measuring within Design
- how to improve the inflation quality at sharp corners?
- check element type
- The mesh file exporter could not resolve cyclic dependencies in overlapping contact regions error
- How to resolve Mesh Failure
- Meshing Error
- Error in meshing
- Conformal vs Non-Conformal Mesh
- execution error inside the mesher. The process suffered an unhandled exception or ran out of memory
- inflation created stairstep mesh at some location
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.