March 5, 2021 at 5:10 amalfredozSubscriber
My name is Alfredo and I am modeling a structure that is subjected to a horizontal force and an overload, which I have not been able to represent due to failures with certain types of interactions of the structure.
The model consists of a seismic isolator that has a semi ball joint as a base (with friction), and in its column it has an air capsule which is connected with a cable to the base of a plate that rests on the structure to maintain balance .
if I couldn't explain myself well, an image should be able to help.March 8, 2021 at 7:28 am1shanAnsys EmployeenUnder mesh, change the physics preference to explicit and check if that solves the issue.nRegards,nIshan.nViewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- explicit dynamics
- Explicit dynamics ERRORS
- turning simulation
- getting zero maximum and minimum stress value in explicit analysis
- How do get Full values instead of just minimum and maximum ?
- How to figure out impact force in Explicit Dynamic Analysis
- Monte Carlo Simulation
- Which analysis to use for dynamic and quasi-static compression of auxetic structures?
- Running an explicit dynamics simulation on a composite plate
- Euler Domain Restricting Simulation
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.