March 27, 2023 at 9:36 amSATYA PRASAD MISHRASubscriber
While simulating conformal microwave absorber in HFSS, what boundary condition and excitation must be imposed?
In planar absorber we use master slave boundary condition and floquet port excitation but what we need to impose in case of conformal absorber.
March 27, 2023 at 7:54 pmCharlotte BlairAnsys Employee
Our lattice pair boundary condition (which replaces the master and slave boundary condition naming convention) and Floquet Ports implies a model of infinite extent. Since you are designing a conformal absorber you must be concerned with edge effects so a model of a specific extent is suggested. When simulating a finite sized model you can use any of our other port excitation options such as waveguide, lumped, etc. and any appropriate boundary condition.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- simulation completed with execution error on server
- Maxwell, HFSS or Q3D?
- How to export Ansys Maxwell simulation results for post-processing in matlab or in .csv file
- Unable to assign correctly the excitations in a coil
- Running ANSYS HFSS on the HPC (it runs on Linux only)
- Intersect errors with model with complex structure
- Running ANSYS HFSS on multiple nodes on SLURM based cluster
- HFSS: reset marker legend dimensions.
- Process ‘3dtds’ terminated abnormally
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.