General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Query regarding Ansys results got from high performance unit (HPC)

• fadi932
      Subscriber

Hi all,

I am doing bridge modeling to compute the hydrodynamic loading in Ansys. I got access to HPC at my university. My questions are:

1) To run the model on a supercomputer or HPC, I have to do meshing and also initialize the solution then I have to submit my job over there and to run this for some seconds or initialization is not necessary to upload my job? Secondly, I need to know how I can visualize my results at various time steps as I am doing the transient analysis?

2) My aim is to compute drag, lift forces, and the moment around the bridge due to water forces, how I can extract results from Ansys at each time step for these variables?

I am sorry if there are too many questions. Please help me in this regard. Thanks.

Regards, Fadi

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Have you learned how to compute drag, lift forces, and the moment around a simple body due to water forces on your own computer? Have you learned how to extract results from Ansys at each time step for these variables on your own computer? Do that first before you worry about how to use HPC resources.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.