January 17, 2023 at 9:37 amhujun pengSubscriber
i am using eddy current solver to calculate the impedance-maxtrix of several conductors in one slot of electrical machines.
I am confuesed of the description of the way to calculate the resistance matrix in the maxwell document.
For me, the self and mutual resistance in the matrix should consider the losses in the conductor, its neighboring conductors and the stator iron.
After simulation, the calculated resistance values seem smaller than my estimation.
Therefore, i think that there may be some understanding issues on the way how the resistance in eddy current solver is calculated.
Thank your very much.
January 25, 2023 at 4:25 pmDeyu LiAnsys Employee
hi, the equation in the screenshot is only calculating self resistance, there is another equation for mutual resistance.
Reference paper: J. Pleite, etc. “Modeling of Magnetic Components based on Finite Element Techniques”.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- simulation completed with execution error on server
- Signing up as ANSYS Support Coordinator
- How to export Ansys Maxwell simulation results for post-processing in matlab or in .csv file
- Maxwell, HFSS or Q3D?
- Unable to assign correctly the excitations in a coil
- Running ANSYS HFSS on the HPC (it runs on Linux only)
- Running ANSYS HFSS on multiple nodes on SLURM based cluster
- Intersect errors with model with complex structure
- Number of parallel paths in Ansys Maxwell
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.