April 6, 2023 at 10:03 amMepalSubscriber
I am going to activate a chemical reaction in Fluent. However, I am curious about the choice I should use.
1. When I learned a tutorial from youtube, there was a "non-explicit source" option. But my version, 2022R2, has a "non-direct source" option.
Does "non-explicit source" is "non-direct source"?
2. According to Ansys Fluent User's Guide 2022R2 page 2249, I am confused about this phrase "If you want to make explicit use of chemistry source terms in the species transport equations, without a stiff-chemistry solver, select None - Direct Source."
Could you please explain the meaning of "use of chemistry source terms in the species transport equations"?
Does chemistry source terms is the parameters we set in a reaction (below picture)?
3. What is the difference between "None - Direct Source" and "Stiff Chemistry Solver"?
April 17, 2023 at 8:35 amEssenceAnsys Employee
Please refer to the user's manual provided: 46.4. Models Task Page (ansys.com)
If you are unable to access the link, follow this Forum discussion https://forum.ansys.com/forums/topic/using-help-with-links/#latest
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error: Received signal SIGSEGV
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.