March 27, 2018 at 8:43 amazdeenSubscriber
Hi Dear friends
I need your help. Just one question.
I modeling SFRC beam under impact load using ANSYS v15 Dynamic Explicit. When I added the crack softening failure to run the solution with different values of Fracture energy input parameter Gf but unfortunately all out solution were similar.I think there's something wrong.
Could you help me please.
March 27, 2018 at 11:13 ampeteroznewmanSubscriber
Can you share your model? If so create an archive by using File, Archive in Workbench to create a .wbpz file which you can attach to your reply. The file size limit for attaching is 120 MB. If your file is over the limit, you have to Clear Generated Data from the Model (or Mesh), Save (or Save As to a new name), and then File, Archive to create a smaller file.
March 27, 2018 at 4:33 pmazdeenSubscriber
Thanks for reply dear peteroznewman ... you find attached the my model file. I hope that you help me to get finally hammer time velocity charts with different values of input parameter Fracture Energy Gf using AUTODYN RHT Explicit Dynamic in ANSYS v15.0.
March 27, 2018 at 5:07 pmazdeenSubscriber
Send me please your E-mail because I'm not able to attach it here!
April 3, 2018 at 3:43 ampeteroznewmanSubscriber
I ran your ANSYS 15.0 model and have some observations.
1) Analysis Settings Maximum Energy Error is set to 99999. That means the error in your solution can be huge. You should use a default value.
2) Analysis Settings, Erosion Controls, you have Yes for On Geometric Strain Limit and Yes On Material Failure. It would be best to only rely On Material Failure.
3) Analysis Settings, Output Controls, Number of points is 50. It would be better to have a much higher number like 500 or more.
4) Mesh is too coarse. I will refine it.
5) End Time is too long. I will shorten it.
A) Do you have the papers referred to in the material model? Can you explain how this material model works?
Riedel et al."Penetration of Reinforced Concrete" ISIEMS'99 pp315. Riedel W. "Beton unter dynamischen Lasten" Ed. Frauhhofer EMI, IRB-Verlag, 2004, ISBN 3-8167-6340-5
Riedel, et al. "Numerical Assessment for Impact Strength" IJIE 36 (2009) pp283.
Attached is an ANSYS 15.0 archive of your original model. When I get some improvement, I will post with an update to the model.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Colors and Mesh Display
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.